Darling Girl Cosmetics Eyeshadow Swatches (Plus My Custom Shadow!)
Darling Girl Cosmetics is definitely one of my favorite indie companies. It’s a real shame I didn’t try them sooner, when I had more money to spend on makeup! Ah well. Either way, I recently requested a custom eyeshadow from Susan (who is a total sweetheart) and I’m excited to share it with you today! You can also consider it a sneak peek, since Susan asked if she could incorporate my shadow into an upcoming collection. :)
But first, some eyeshadow swatches from the rest of the order:
- Spellbound – Smoky gray-purple base with pink shimmer and bright magenta sparkles.
- London Calling – Wow, just look at this! It has a dark indigo base with a strong reddish-pink shift. Take a look at the detail photos I have below, as it’s hard to capture the complexity of this shade.
- Fire Inside – Another ‘wow’ shade. This is an amazing satin burnt-red with a brownish undertone and bright pops of gold glitter.
- Hoity Toity – Medium, muted near-matte red with subtle glimmers.
- Beso De La Muertes – Really unusual shade, it’s hard to describe. It looks like a brownish-gray with blackened undertones, a pink-silver sheen, and bright purple glitter.
- Big Bang - Warm olive gold with gold sparkle.
- Thistle – Eeee, I love taupes like this. A lovely, velvety near-matte gray-taupe with a sprinkling of silver glimmers.
- Scarab (GWP) – This is a GWP shade, so sadly it’s no longer available. A warm shimmery brown with a sea-green shift.
- Sultry Siren – Murky green with a pink shift.
- Beau Monde – That ugly swatch up there doesn’t do this shade justice. Gray with blue and purple shimmer, it’s much prettier in real life.
- Socialite – You’ll want to get this shade if you love eye-popping blues. Royal blue with a strong aqua shift overlay.
- Black Day - Blackened navy with blue shimmer.
- Mean Streets of Pasadena – Here’s my custom shade! :) I’ll talk about it more below.
I’ve been looking for the perfect blurple/indigo eyeshadow since forever. When I caught sight of this nail polish at Temptalia, I knew exactly what I wanted to request from Susan. Mean Streets of Pasadena is the perfect mix of royal blue and purple with lots of blue and purple sparkles. Susan did a fantastic job of nailing this one and I couldn’t be more pleased. It pops best over a sticky base. :)