These are some useful or interesting articles to do with makeup I’ve found in my travels across the Internet. I did not write any of these posts. The parenthesis contain the name of the blog/website where the post was originally found.
- US Mineral Make-Up Measurements in Plain English. (The Velvet Rose Petal) – A great explanation of the container sizes commonly used in indie cosmetics.
- Mineral Makeup: What to Look For When Buying (Phyrra @ Temptalia) – If you’re just starting to get into indie makeup, this article is a great place to start.
East Asian Beauty
This category contains helpful beauty information for East Asian women and our unique features.
- Eyeshadow Tutorial for Asian Eyes Part 1: Where to Apply Eyeshadow (Bun Bun)
- Crease and Contour Eyeshadow: Asian Eyes VS Caucasian Eyes (Bun Bun)
- Undertones for Asians: How to Tell If Your Skintone is Cool, Warm, Neutral, or Olive (Of Faces and Fingers)
- On Men Who Don’t Like Women in Makeup (xoJane) – A perfect explanation of why I groan every time yet another magazine or website features a panel of clueless, sexist dudes acting as if they’re the only reason women choose to wear makeup.
- Cruelty-Free Beauty Blogging: Not Always Black & White (Vampy Varnish)
- Handle those store makeup testers with care (Los Angeles Times)
- The Runaways Movie Makeup (ELLE) – I love the rock chick look and I think the makeup in this movie is to die for. This isn’t really a tutorial so much as it’s an overview of 70′s-80′s makeup trends and some of Joan Jett and Cherie Currie’s favorite looks.